Saturday, January 1, 2011

All things new.

Well, it is a new year. A fresh start. Although we get a fresh start each morning, the start of a new year bring hope of a beginning of a whole year. Let's forget those sad, irritating, gut-wrenching, anger-filled, annoying moments of 2010. Let us remove all bitterness and wrath and malice and anger from our hearts as we begin this year. What is past is passed(I've only heard this phrase, never really seen it written. So perhaps "passed" is what is being said, and not "past." Meaning, our past has passed. It is no longer our present, so we should stop treating it as such.)

We should swallow our pride and forgive those who have wronged us. We should throw off the blankets of despair we had cast on the light of hope within our hearts.

A new year brings a new hope, a new slate, a new resolve, a new(or refreshed) focus.

If you have screwed up in the past year, ask God for forgiveness, ask other you've hurt for forgiveness, then forget it(not the lessons you learned the hard way, but the incidents).

January 1, 2011 should be a day where the chest of heartache be burnt. That chest only hurts us in the long run, so set a flame to it. Let the fire devour that hatred, that anger, that unwillingness to forgive, that bitterness.

Once you destroy that chest of heartache and negative emotions, build a chest of hope and love and mercy. Choose to lock things away in your heart that encourage you. Lock away verses in that chest, or songs or friends, or incidents where you were lifted out of miry clay in life.

It's a brand new day--a brand new year. Resolve to purge everything in your heart that keeps you anger and bitter and sad and hurt. Resolve to purge everything TODAY.

Ezekiel 36:25-27

Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them].



Philippians 3:13-14

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing [I do], forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.


Hebrews 12:10-15

For they verily for a few days chastened [us] after their own pleasure; but he for [our] profit, that [we] might be partakers of his holiness.
Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Follow peace with all [men], and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble [you], and thereby many be defiled;



Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.


Lamentations 3:21-26

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
[It is of] the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
[They are] new every morning: great [is] thy faithfulness.
The LORD [is] my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
The LORD [is] good unto them that wait for him, to the soul [that] seeketh him.
[It is] good that [a man] should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.


Isaiah 43:18-19
Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, [and] rivers in the desert.



Revelation 21:5
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment