Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Behold, thou art there"

"Wither shall I go from thy spirit, or wither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into the heaven, thou art there; if I make my bed in hell, behold thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, surely the darkness shall cover, even the night is light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee, but the night shineth as the day. The darkness and the light are both alike to thee."
--Psalm 139:7-12

Where can we go that is away from God's spirit and presence? This passage talks about the omnipresence of God. And it is beginning to become one of my favorite passages.

Because...if I am on the mountaintop, having a blessed time, God is with me. But, that isn't where God only is at. When we come off the mountain, and we experience hard things, God is there also.

If suddenly we find ourselves all alone, with no one in sight, just a vast land of waves crashing into us all the time--God is still with us! How great is that thought? When we are all alone with no one else to help us, guide us, strengthen us...God is still there!

If we are going through a dark time in our lives when even we can't see where to go(Referencing my blog post below) God is still there. You aren't hidden by the darkness, God can see you as if he is looking at you while you're standing under the sun! Because the darkness and light are both alike to him. He can see perfectly in both. He knows where you are when you are walking in the darkness, He sees you. He is right there with you.

You are not alone. Even when you are out there on the ocean, floating in the darkness, going through turmoil--God is there.

Once you realize this, you need to hold out your hand and let him guide you and hold you. God doesn't want you to remain in the dark, He wants you to be in the light.


Isaiah 58:11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

No comments:

Post a Comment