Friday, October 29, 2010

(Titleless)

There may be times in your life where you’ve realized you’ve done so many wrong things. So many things that are sin against people. So many things that you forget every instance of such sin. But you’re sure it has been committed.

 

I’m there now. Reading back on a conversation I had months ago with a friend on an instant messenger showed me I had a major pride issue. I was right about such-such thing, everyone was inherently wrong over it.  I kept bringing the conversation back to myself—in a positive light or negative.  You might have said something about yourself, a flaw in your character, a struggle you might’ve had, but I was oblivious to it and continued on with my own matters.

 

If that describes a conversation I had with you, whoever is reading this, then I apologize. It was one of those sins that sneaked under the radar of “bigger” sins in my life. I even remember this trend going as far back as when I was 13 or 14.

 

But this isn’t a “smaller” sin. In fact, God speaks very strongly against it in His word. “An high look and a proud heart…is sin,” “The Lord shall destroy the house of the proud.”

Perhaps the reason God hates it so much is because it was the first sin that snagged the hearts of his creation. Satan exalted himself above God and consequently caused himself to be exiled from Heaven. (Was it no wonder that Satan tried to lure Jesus Christ into the trap of pride?)

 

Pride cloaks itself in various forms. I’ve noticed my pride before, but sometimes I haven’t. Like how often I truly bring the attention back to myself. How often I try to make myself look good, or try to keep eyes on me(even if it means degrading myself).

 

I will try to open my eyes to my pride. If I have driven you to a distance away from me because of it, I ask for your forgiveness, and to give me another shot. If you felt you couldn’t talk to me about things that truly mattered because of this, then forgive me also. I will try to only listen to what you say, and speak when you want me to(about the matter).

 

 

If you feel hurt over anything I’ve done(proudly or elsewise) please confront me. I don’t want our relationship to be weathered because of blindness.

 

 

-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment