Thursday, September 16, 2010

Right Target

I was sitting here discussing the sins of a group of people with my friend. I then had the thought that we shouldn't target the sins, wondering how to be a good example for change. But instead, we should target their hearts.

I mean, trying to persuade outward change doesn't change their hearts. And if their hearts are not changed, then sin will spring up in an another place, or the same later on.

But then I turned the thought around, and pointed the direction to myself. I shouldn't target my sins, trying to erase them from my life(whether in my own power[obvious "no-no"] or in God's power). I should focus on my heart. After all, sins are only the outward manifestation of internal wickedness.

If I try to tackle, say, lying on the surface, then it will only reappear later on, or the internal wickedness will just bud a new sin. But if you, with only God's power, tackle your heart, then the fruits of your wicked heart will fall off the tree.

When your heart is changed, it will be much easier to rid your life of sin. A heart fully controlled by the Spirit means you are walking in the Spirit. And when you walk in the Spirit, you will not perform the deeds of the flesh.



Thanks to God for inspiring this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment