Tuesday, June 22, 2010

God alone can satisfy.

I don't believe I am yet in a position to, from my heart, declare that only God can satisfy. Do I believe that He can only satisfy? Yes. Is it my hearts sincerest declaration? Not quite.

Why?

I don't believe God has brought me to the place where I can say all else fails under His satisfying love.

I've been struggling with an issue of satisfaction. I have yet to be persuaded(evidenced by the continuous searching for satisfaction) that God is THE ONLY source of satisfaction.

And perhaps the reason I struggle with this certain sin is to teach me to KNOW God is the only one who can satisfy. Perhaps in order to learn lessons, we must come to a point where God shows it to us with all sincerity--but that moment may not come until after we have gone through the tunnel.

Keep in mind, God does not tempt with sin(Tempt can be tempted to do wrong, or test, I believe). He does however allow us to choose what we want, because we are not robots. He can use wrong choices for our learning. He may also allow Satan to tempt you with certain things to learn lessons.


If you are struggling with sin, do that which was stated in the earlier post. If you come to the point where you are calling out for God and waiting for His Spirit to quicken you, then consider what good God is trying to teach you through your choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment